12 May 2019
To celebrate the launch of our new Hobart to Strahan airline passenger service, we’re giving away an unforgettable Strahan experience to one lucky winner and a friend.
The prize includes:
- Two tickets on Par Avion’s newest Hobart to Strahan Airline Passenger Service (same-day return)
- Two Premier Upper Deck seats on the award-winning Gordon River Cruise, where you’ll cruise into the heart of the UNESCO Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area; provided by Destinations by RACT
- Complimentary transfers to and from Hobart’s Cambridge Airport from Hobart’s CBD
Terms and Conditions:
In addition to Par Avion’s regular terms and conditions for flight experiences:
- The competition winner must choose a date, subject to seat availability, that aligns with regularly scheduled flights on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, departing at 7:00am from Cambridge Airport, and on a date when Gordon River Cruises operates and has capacity)
- Competition prize is not available to Par Avion staff and their families, or Destinations by RACT staff and their families
- The competition winner must have followed the rules of entry
- Total competition prize value is $1445.00. The prize cannot be transferred, or exchanged for other goods, services, or equal cash value
- The competition winner must claim their prize and complete the flight experience by Monday 23 December, 2019
- The competition winner is responsible for travelling to Hobart, where the competition prize experience departs and arrives back to.
- The competition prize winner will be sharing a Par Avion aircraft with other passengers — this is not a private travel experience.
05 September 2018We hope you enjoy these images from a recent Wineglass and Wildlife tour (3 Sept.). As you’ll see, Merv, Karen, Jennifer, Jeng, Ange and Alice had a fantastic day enjoying the tour of our beautiful east coast. The tour got underway with a scenic flight from Cambridge to the Freycinet National Park, taking in the east coast scenery. We made some scenic passes over the Freycinet Penninsula, Coles Bay, The Hazards mountains and the incredible Wineglass Bay. The scenery here is ‘jaw-dropping’. Cameras and phones were kept busy taking some memorable pics. We flew south to Maria Island National Park for some further scenic viewing from the air and landed at the island’s airstrip. We took our time exploring the former convict site at Darlington and surrounds; pausing for a sumptuous lunch with local Tasmanian seafood and wine. “The afternoon was spent wandering the beaches and the magnificent Fossil Cliffs.” We were all regularly ‘interrupted’ by the local wildlife, with everyone enjoying the close-up encounters with wallabies, wombats, Cape Barren geese and native birds. We re-boarded the aircraft mid-afternoon for a scenic trip back to Cambridge. What a fantastic day! Find out more about this tour here!
04 September 2018Our Southwest Luxury Wilderness Camp is located on an inlet to Bathurst Harbour in the Southwest National Park. It offers incredible experiences – blending an authentic wilderness location with luxury camp accommodation, great food and wine, and guided boat-cruising and walking activities. Over the past year we’ve progressively improved facilities at the camp and the camp experience. Some of the highlights are:
- renovated common / dining area
- new kitchen for our chefs and guides
- fluffy hypo-allergenic doonas, natural woollen blankets in all rooms
- updated menu with Tasmanian produce and wines
- expanded availability for bookings by couples and groups (October to May)