We’ve been exploring Tasmania by air for over 30 years
Par Avion is an award-winning tour operator, committed to providing the very best tour experience to every one of our guests.
We wrote the history of aviation in Tasmania
Founded in 1978, and operating for over three decades as Tasmania’s primary transport airline, we pride ourselves on our excellent work ethic and outstanding customer service.
At Par Avion, our drive is to create the ultimate Tasmanian experience for all of our guests. Whether you are embarking on our three-day Southwest Wilderness Camp, or a quick Hobart City scenic flight, we want you to leave us with an experience that will live with you forever.
Our highly trained and knowledgeable pilots make every tour one to remember with invaluable insight into the history, culture and natural beauty of the state we call our home. It’s what sets us apart from the others!
We’re award-winning tourism operators
2017 Viator Top Rated
2013 – 2018 Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence
2016 Australian Tourism Award Silver Major Tour & Transport Operators
Tasmanian Tourism Awards Winner, and Hall of Fame
2014 Australian Tourism Award Gold Major Tour & Transport Operators
We’re experienced aviators
We fly the best aircraft available for the experiences on offer and all aircraft meet our high standards of passenger safety, comfort and maintenance. These machines, our aircraft, are our pride and joy and we treat them like part of the family.
Our fleet handles all our diverse customer requirements – from tourism, charter and airline services through to flight training and aerial work. We regularly operate into major city and remote airstrips, wilderness areas and iconic destinations unreachable with other types of transport.
Our aircraft are maintained to high standards by our own engineering team and have all required equipment for flight in variable Tasmanian conditions.
Up to 3 passengers with light baggage, high wing for excellent views, able to access most airstrips safely and easily. The 172 is also our flight training workhorse.
Up to 5 passengers, plenty of room for baggage, and a high-wing so the view isn’t obscured. This aircraft is made for touring and advanced flight training.
Twin-engine aircraft used for advanced flight training. Seats up to 3 passengers.
Britten Norman Islander
Twin engine aircraft used for many of our tours and charter flights. Seats up to 9 passengers with ample baggage capacity, a high-wing for great views, and suitable for safe operations into shorter airstrips.
Fast twin engine aircraft used for charter and transfer flights. Seats up to 6 passengers with substantial baggage capability.
Cessna 404 Titan
Fast, super-comfortable twin engine aircraft used for our longer charter flights and airline routes. Seats up to 9 passengers in comfort, with substantial baggage capability.
Our commitment to safety
As a multi-award winning tour operator, keeping our guests and staff safe and comfortable is our highest priority at Par Avion. Here’s what we strive to achieve.
• Develop and embed a safety culture in all our aviation activities that recognises the importance and value of effective aviation safety management and acknowledges that safety is paramount;
• Clearly define for all employees their accountabilities and responsibilities to meet the Company’s safety objectives and that of our Safety Management System;
• Establish and operate hazard identification and risk management processes, including a hazard reporting system, in order to eliminate or mitigate the safety risks of the consequences of hazards resulting from our operations or activities to achieve continuous improvement in our safety performance;
• Ensure that no action will be taken against any employee who discloses a safety concern through the hazard reporting system, unless such disclosure indicates, beyond any reasonable doubt, gross negligence or a deliberate or wilful disregard of regulations or procedures;
• Comply with and, wherever possible, exceed legislative and regulatory requirements and standards;
• Ensure that all employees are provided with adequate and appropriate aviation safety information and training, are competent in safety manners and are only allocated tasks commensurate with their skills;
• Ensure that sufficient skilled and trained human resources are available to implement safety strategies and processes;
• Establish and measure our safety performance against realistic objectives;
• Achieve the highest levels of safety performance in all our aviation activities;
• Continually improve our safety performance through continuous monitoring and measurement, and regular safety reviews;
• Ensure that the application of effective aviation safety management systems is integral to all our aviation activities, with the objective of achieving the highest levels of safety standards and performance;
• Adhere to all the recommended guidelines regarding Covid-19 safety.
Explore Par Avion’s Tasmanian tours…
The ultimate adventure
Southwest Wilderness Camp
Multi-day guided camp tour experience
Wineglass and Wildlife
Tasmania’s spectacular East Coast
Southwest Wilderness Experience
See the Southwest’s highlights in a day